Thursday, December 13, 2012

Anticipation

The anticipation of Connor's surgery is mounting! Connor is starting to understand a little bit about his surgery but not fully yet. We have been talking to him constantly about what will happen and he has expressed some fear of the hospital and getting owies but he does understand that it is to help make his little leg big.

Next Firday December 21st is his Pre-Op visit. We will be learning everything we need to know about what will happen this day. He will be in a spica cast but I am not for sure how long. He will need a special booster seat for this and we will need to get a wheel chair for him as well. There will be alot of driving between home and Shriner's.

Shriner's is an amazing organization but due to the economy they are now doing 3rd party collectors, insurance. Because of this we will have to have some out of pocket expenses. Andy and I have been saving for this and we will make sure Connor gets the best care possible. I am confident we will be in good hands.

My nerves are all over the place. Having worked with children in the hospital and taking care of kids who have had very similar surgeries I know I will be able to physically care for him but I am not ready to see my own child go through so much pain. Please continue to pray for Connor and all of us Maine's as this is going to be trying on us all.

God Bless You All
Meagan Maine

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for Connor and his family in the coming weeks, as will the St Joseph Prayer Chain. He is a sweet boy whose contagious smile lights up his face and those around him.

    ReplyDelete