Monday, January 7, 2013

It's here....Surgery Day!

First I need to say how unbelievably PROUD I am of Connor! He is AMAZING!! He is showing mommy and daddy and everyone he knows how strong he is!!

We got to Shriners at 5:50 this morning and Connor was the most excited little man I have ever seen. He wanted to play video games and in the HUGE playroom! We got registered and went to the same day surgery area. There it was just the history and waiting. He did get to go run around the playroom for about 30 minutes. He had a blast. At 7:30 he was called back and he got "Happy Juice"(versed) after about 5 minutes he became the goofy little man!! He never once got scared or cried. I was so proud of him. 

It came time to say final goodbyes and boy did momma lose it once he was out of sight. My heart never hurt so bad. I wanted and wished that I could shield him from all the pain but I knew he would be in great hands. 

We got the call from the OR at 0930 that the first incision was made and they were under way. They said he did great getting into the room even laughing and giggling. They all fell in love with this little man. The sweetest little boy you may ever met. They said they would call with an update at 1130. At 1130 the update was "surgery is done! We are just casting him now! He did beautifully!"  I was relieved, I knew he was still sedated but knowing they are no longer "working on him" made me feel so much better. After about an hour of him sleeping and deciding he needed a really long nap they finally let us back to see him. As we got back there they needed to turn him off his tummy and after they turned him he woke up and asked "Did I do ok?" Melt my heart!! Gosh I love this kid so much!! He won the hearts of every nurse here, how could he not?! 

Slowly as the day went on our talkative Connor was back! He has a roommate here. An 11year old named Tanner who Connor has become to like A LOT!! Every time Tanner leaves the room for a while its "Where's Tanner" and when Tanner gets back its Tanner this and Tanner that! 

We have him on the right doses of meds right now. Staying on top of the pain. I pray that Connor has a peaceful and restful night tonight. 

Thank you to everyone for the prayers and support. I will update tomorrow night, hopefully, with how he is doing.


1 comment:

  1. Meagan and Andy and Connor,
    We will continue to pray and send our thoughts your way. We wish for only the best.
    Love, Uncle Bob and Aunt Rosie

    ReplyDelete