Thursday, January 17, 2013

The New Normal

We are all adjusting to the new normal fairly well. Connor is pain free and has been off the pain meds for a few days now. He is moving around as much as he can. Flipping onto his belly and back to his back. I am afraid he may flip off his bed at night.

He has been keeping busy with Nintendo 64 and movies. Uncle Patrick has been over a few times to play Zelda on Nintendo and Connor LOVES watching him. I can tell that Connor is getting a bit stir crazy, as am I, but Friday we are going to try and walk around the mall with GiGi. Connor is behaving for the most part. We do have a few times when he gets to be really demanding and he doesn't understand that mommy is only one person and I cannot do everything he wants the minute he wants it causing him to yell at me. We each calm down and he apologizes and feels bad but I reassure him that he won't be in this cast forever and that mommy understands that he is frustrated.

Our day is pretty crazy. Even though we are not going anywhere total care for Connor takes up much of the morning. After we get Brenden off on the school bus it's breakfast for Macie and Connor. Getting Connor into his chair and eating and feeding lil missy takes about 20 mins just to get them situated. Then after breakfast it's play time for about an hour while I clean up breakfast help do pottys and change Macie. Then it's time for Macie's nap. After I get her down its bath for Connor. His bath from start to finish takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how smell he is. That is all the set up and bath clean up. I then change his bed sheets brush his teeth and get him either watching a movie playing Nintendo or playing his leapster. I then try and get a load of laundry going then attempt to shower myself all while Macie naps and if she's up well then she stays in bed until I get my shower. After all that Macie is up by now and it's about 11 and its time to start the lunch process. Much of the same as breakfast time. It is around 12:30 that I am done with just about all feeding and I tell Connor its moms turn to sit for a bit and we usually watch a movie or Connor and I play Mario.

All in all our routine is becoming quicker as we all get use to it. Brenden's schedule is about the same. School helps with that and he does so well in school. Brenden is trying to help us as much as he can but bless his heart he helps at the wrong time and causes more of a mess. Nevertheless, we praise him for his help and just ask him to help when we ask. He has been a GREAT big brother. I am so proud of the little man he is becoming. Macie is not use to all the attention on Connor and not herself. She is beginning the throwing a fit if you don't pay attention to her. But as the days go on I have seen her go off by herself and play cars or dolls or balls. Sheis getting so big and she climbs on EVERYTHING! She likes to give me a challenge during the day I guess.

Since Andy returned to work things may be hectic but we are settling in quite nicely. Connor has his follow up appointment on February 8th. We are not sure exactly what this will entail. Until then its just going to be hanging out at home with a few trips out to break up the Cabin Fever we develop. I know he wants to see his Pre-School friends so I think that will be our outing next week.

Thank you to everyone who stopped by to visit, who sent a gift, cards, food and most of all thanks for your prayers and support. As stressful as this is, we know we are doing the right thing and that getting both feet on the ground is more of a reality now. Continued prayers and support is much appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment