Saturday, April 5, 2014

Better Everyday!

Each day Connor is getting stronger and stronger! As if he wasn't the strongest little man I know!! He amazes me everyday! 

I was not with him this morning but daddy was. Dad said he had a bit of a rough night trying to fall asleep and get comfortable. He was finally asleep by 2AM and he slept until 7AM! Once they were up they had some breakfast and then went to PT. His PT is the hardest for him. Right now we are just doing the stretches that we will do at home 2x a day. They are still hard on him. Once they finished up they played in the playroom for a bit then headed back for lunch. He tuckered out quickly and fell asleep before lunch even got there. He slept till about 2:15 when Brenden and I showed up. (Macie misses Connor but she is all over the place and is hard to keep her calm and contained so she stayed with Aunt Mimi for a bit) Connor are a small lunch and then we decided to take advantage of the nice weather and we took a walk around the hospital and sat out in the garden and just soaked up the sun!

Great Grandma and great Grandpa came up to visit him and so did Great Aunt Holly and cousin Kelly. He had a great visit with them and even showed off his mad skills of getting up and walking with his walker to his bed. 

They left and so did Dad and Brenden and we ate dinner and then I did my first session of stretches with him by myself. It is so hard making him stretch and not stopping when he cries out in pain and pleads for me to stop. But we both made it through. I will have to work with his therapist to make sure the stretches are sufficient because I don't honestly know if I did ok. After we did his stretches we went to the playroom. Connor and I played a little bit but then he and his new friend Ashton played for awhile. 
I swear he had a blast even though it doesn't look like it here.

Right now Connor is resting comfortably in bed watching cartoons. Tomorrow looks to be a little more interesting. In the morning he is getting his first shower!! They will remove all the dressings, this can be very intense, not necessarily pain wise but seeing all the pin sites. We already had one situation in which Connor saw a pin site and some blood and he was very scared. So tomorrow will be interesting to see how it goes. We did NOT turn his pins today but we are scheduled to turn tomorrow. We also have one session of PT again and then I will have to do a stretch session myself. Connor may be getting some friends come visit tomorrow which he loves to have visitors! We are also going to try and get outside again tomorrow weather permitting.

We continue to thank everyone for their prayer, support and everything!! We are so blessed to have such an outpouring of love and support! Connor is rockin this Fixator and is the strongest little man I have ever met!! ❤️All My Babies💙

No comments:

Post a Comment