Sunday, April 6, 2014

Rock star!!

Today Connor started off with his PT and every time it gets a little easier but it's still really tough. He's walking farther and farther with his walker. He has not put any weight on his leg/foot yet as it's still very swollen and being such a huge discrepancy we have to wait until his foot can get back into his shoe. 

After PT Connor had his first shower where we removed all the dressings from his leg. He was absolutely terrified of taking a shower. He was afraid he was going to see blood. After a good 5+ minutes of screaming in fear he finally looked and saw it wasn't that bad and actually enjoyed the nice warm shower! I learned what needs to be done with his pin sites and got him cleaned and dressed and back to the room for a much needed nap. 

Daddy came up and brought us lunch but Connor was out cold! Such a busy morning he was so tired. It was nice spending some time just Andy and I while Connor slept. We haven't really talked since Wednesday so it was nice sitting and being with each other. Connors Mawmaw and papa came up for a bit and visited and then GG and papa OG Uncle Patrick and Brenden and Macie. I left with my mom to get us dinner and when I got back our friends The Johnson's came up to visit Connor. All the kids got to play together in the huge rec room! They had a blast. 

Connor is back in bed asleep and I'm not far behind him in going to sleep myself. These are very long nights and days but the good news is we are going home tomorrow!! We still have a shower and 2 PT sessions before we can go but we do go home tomorrow. We will get settled and I'm sure Connor would love to have some visitors!!

Way to go Connor we are so proud of you!!

1 comment:

  1. My name is Erica Karraker, I am Kaleb Karrakers mother from Connor's class. I have organized a care package for Connor from his classsmates at school. Kaleb would love to see Connor. Let me know if there is a day and time that Kaleb could visit Connor, and I could bring him his package. Glad he is doing well.

    ReplyDelete